Due to Covid-19 and re-opening guidelines, Do I have to sign up in advance to reserve a time to lift?
- Not currently. Our gym is pretty spacious compared to most. If we see a problem, we will absolutely change this though.
What precautions are you taking for Covid-19?
We are following all the state recommended guidelines:
- No more than 50% of max capacity while in the green phase
- Health Screenings for staff
- Hand Sanitizer upon entering
- Masks recommended for members. Staff masks required.
- Social Distancing recommended while lifting and talking
- Personal disinfectant spray bottles and towels provided for cleaning of equipment before/after use
- Spotting is encouraged, but spotter is encouraged to wear a mask due to proximity and positioning)
- Diligent Cleaning and disinfecting
What hours is the gym open to General Membership?
- Mon-Thur 5am-9pm
- Fridays: 5am-8pm
- Sat and Sun: 8am-4pm
- Holiday schedules may vary
What Hours are you open to Athletes on your Sport Performance Memberships?
- Check the schedule and look for “Sport Performance Hours” to make sure you’re coming when we have coaches scheduled.
Do you allow Chalk?
Should I Abuse it? (chalk)
- Um. No.
What key equipment do you have?
- Squat Racks (6 total, 3 Samson and 3 PowerLift)
- 11-Station Full-Body Selectorized Machine Circuit
- Westside Reverse Hyper
- PowerLift Unilateral/Bilateral Leg Press straight from Univ. Texas Football Weight room
- Prowlers and Sleds
- 4000+ lbs of weight
- Bumper Plates
- Olympic Bars
- Olympic and Deadlift Platforms
- PowerLift Glute Ham Developers
- Full Set Fixed E-Z Curl Barbells
- Regular and Specialty Bars (Elite FTS Trap Bar, SS Yoke Bar, American Cambered Grip Bar)
- Kettlebells: 18kg – 36kg
- Dumbbells: 5-125lbs
- 5-Station Multi-Stack Cable Crossover
- Samson Dedicated Competition Benches
- Battle Ropes
Should I put all that equipment away after I use it?
- Yes! Leaving plates on bars or the leg press is perhaps standard operating procedure at chain gyms, but here at Iron Athlete, everyone does their part to keep things in order and in place for the next lifter. Respect the weight room.
I know you have an awesome weight room, do you have cardio equipment too?
- Yes, we believe in Not-Boring Effective Cardio. We have a small, thoughtfully selected assortment of Spin bikes, Rower, and Treadmill, Sleds, Prowlers, Kettlebells and Battle Ropes, farmer’s walk bars and a tire for those who like more creative cardio options.
Do you have classes?
- We only offer classes that will make a difference in you.
- We offer Bootcamp Class, and a Women’s Strength & Conditioning Program
Can I drop into any class or do I need to sign up first?
- It depends, Drop-ins for $15 each are welcome in our Bootcamp which is designed to be effective with either regular or intermittent participation along with a regular lifting or cardio schedule (either done on your own, or with our programming).
- Women’s Strength & Conditioning Program is NOT meant for random participation. This program (and it’s participants) are built one day at a time, each day building off the last. Consistency and commitment are clutch here.